Formula One driver Sergio Perez will miss Sunday's British Grand Prix after testing positive for COVID-19, his Racing Point team said on Thursday.
The Canadian-owned outfit said the 30-year-old, who is the first driver to test positive since the pandemic-hit season started this month, was "physically well and in good spirits".
They said they planned to replace the Mexican for the race at Silverstone.
With Britain extending the virus isolation period to 10 days from seven on Thursday, Perez also looks set to miss the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at the same circuit on the following weekend.
A decision on who will jump in to the drivers' seat will have to be made before practice starts on Friday.
Perez, who is sixth in the championship, and a small group of team mates who had come into contact with him had already gone into self-isolation after an initial test came back as inconclusive.