Erin Williams, Editor for The River News, joins Ian on 5RM to take a sneak peak of this weeks edition out now.
- The Waikerie Hub is now accepting donations for Christmas drives: The Riverland Christmas Appeal, which takes donations of toys for kids and non-perishable food items, and for Share the Dignity’s It’s in the Bag drive.
- A win for the Waikerie Hospital will see upgrade works hopefully beginning soon, as DPTI waived management fees that would have cost the HAC an extra $180,000.
- Over 30 boats are set to moor at Waikerie’s river front next Tuesday November 12 as the Novita Mighty River Run passes through the Riverland West, with two teams of locals in the flotilla.
- The Waikerie RSL is holding a Remembrance Day service at the Memorial Gardens on Lawrie Terrace, Waikerie, starting at 10am on Monday.
- In sport, junior tennis matches were cancelled last weekend due to heavy rains, while the Waikerie Bowling Club is struggling in Saturday pennants with a lack of available bowlers.
It's all in the River News, out now.
Photo: Erin Williams (Supplied)