We spoke to Heather about the annual open day at Millewa Pioneer Park this Sunday October 6th.
Heather said, "Join us for a relaxing day in the bush from 9:30am - 3pm Victorian time and don’t forget daylight saving starts on Saturday night!
Fully catered with BBQ lunch, endless cuppas and scones fresh from the old bakers’ oven. Plenty of old memorabilia on display.
$20 Adults (Entry Only)
$30 (Bus from Mildura + Entry)
$8 School Aged Children
5 and Under FREE
Includes 2 Course BBQ Lunch & Dessert
A bus will be available to bring you out from Mildura and Red Cliffs if you don’t wish to drive.
FUN FOR THE KIDS
- Face Painting
- Scavenger hunt
- School class from the good old days
(Kids up to 95 years old welcome at school)
MILLEWA KNUCKLES CHAMPIONSHIP
- Scatters and pick up played with real knuckles
- $1 entry
- Prizes for each age group
- Age groups – Primary, Secondary & Senior
- More olden games also on display
- Vintage Cars
- Knuckles Tournament
- Spinners & Weavers Demonstrations
- Rope Making
- Ivan Shaw Working Blacksmith
- Old Games for Children
- Blade Shearing
- Washing in Wood Fired Copper
- Cobblers Shoe Polisher
- Blade shearing
- Display of Old Oil Cans
FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Live Music
- Andrew Svrta Artist
- Souvenir Sales
- Fresh Scones cooked in the Historic Wood Fired Baker’s Oven available to purchase
- Cold drinks and ice cream available
- Free tea and coffee
Call Margaret 0428 283 336 or Heather 0428 132 741 for more information.
Photo: Millewa Pioneer Park