Latest News

Local News

UNIT FIRE IN PARINGA

CFS

 

 

 

A Paringa resident is lucky after a unit fire last night caused by an item left unattended on a stove top.

At about 8.30 last night CFS crews were called to the Riverview drive address after neighbours saw smoke and heard an activated smoke alarm.

Once crews were on the scene they forced entry to the unit and found the resident unconscious, CFS and MFS crews were able to remove the resident and extinguish the fire.  

The resident was treated for smoke inhalation by SA Ambulance officers and did not require hospital treatment.

The fire was quickly extinguished, with only smoke damage occurring to the unit.

The CFS has said it’s a timely reminder of how important it is to have a working smoke alarm.