Latest News

Local News

CARBON MONOXIDE WARNING FROM MFS

pexels pixabay 266896

With the weather getting cooler and many locals firing up heaters, locals are being warned of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

MFS Community Engagement Officer, Angelo Mastripolito said the number of carbon monoxide poisoning cases has the potential to rise due to the increased use of gas appliances, such as unflued gas heaters.

Of concern to the MFS is more people turning their backyard area into an enclosed area and using typical outdoor equipment such as BBQ’s and patio heaters in an enclosed environment.

SA Health’s Director, Health Protection, Michaela Hobby explained that carbon monoxide is known as the ‘silent killer’ due to it having no smell, taste, or colour, meaning it is extremely difficult to detect.

Safety tips on gas appliances can be found via the MFS & SA Health websites.

Photo by pexels">Pixabay from Pexels