Richard Pascoe joins 5RM Breakfast. All details available at www.adelaidetechguy.com.au
APPLE WATCH SERIES 4
Now the number 1 selling watch in the world according to Apple
- The Apple Watch Series 4 will come in two sizes: 40mm and 44mm. This replaces the previous watch face sizes of 38mm and 42mm.- Display is 30% larger thanks to edge to edge screen and the change in size.
- Speaker is 50% louder, which is great for phone calls, Walkie-Talkie, and Siri.
Features I Like
- Apple Watch Series 4 can detect a fall– if the watch detects you haven’t moved for a minute it will call emergency services.
- “Fall detection utilises a next-generation accelerometer and gyroscope, which measures up to 32 g-forces, along with custom algorithms to identify when hard falls occur. By analysing wrist trajectory and impact acceleration, Apple Watch sends the user an alert after a fall, which can be dismissed or used to initiate a call to emergency services. If Apple Watch senses immobility for 60 seconds after the notification, it will automatically call emergency services and send a message along with location to emergency contacts. ”
- Apple Watch – Improved Heart Monitoring
- Can now detect low heart rate – and an irregular heart rhythm – you can also now take an ECG – only currently in the US
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
- The new iPhones have the sharpest Super Retina displays with OLED design offering the highest pixel density of any Apple device.- Now offered in 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch sizes.
- Improved sound with wider stereo playback creates a more immersive soundstage.
- The front and back glass design features the most durable glass ever in a smartphone with improved scratch resistance
- Can I get them wet ?- iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max have a splash and water resistance of IP68 for up to 2 metres for 30 minutes and protect against everyday spills including coffee, tea and soft drinks.
- iPhone Xs – Battery 30 minutes longer – than iPhone X
- iPhone Xs Max – 90 minutes longer – than iPhone X
- 12MP camera – better in low light – new software to unblur background shots
Ordering And Availability
- Pre Orders Start – 14th Sept - Available – 21st Sept
- Pricing commences at $1629 for the iPhone XS – 64GB of storage – up to 512GB ($2199)
- Pricing commences at $1799 for the iPhone XS – Max – 64GB of storage – up to 512GB ($2369)
Pricing commences at $1299 for the iPhone XR – 64GB of storage – up to 256GB ($1479)